Nitrous Oxide or “Laughing Gas”
For our patients who are nervous or anxious about dental treatment but don’t feel that oral conscious sedation is for them, we offer nitrous oxide, or “laughing gas.” Nitrous oxide is administered through a little cone that sits on your nose, and it helps you feel relaxed and more comfortable during your visit. After your treatment, you will feel like yourself and be able to resume your regular daily activities.
We want you to be able to feel comfortable at our Billerica dental office, so we are happy to provide you with nitrous oxide at your request.
Benefits of Nitrous Oxide
There are many advantages of nitrous oxide:
- Nitrous oxide is one of the safest, most widely used, and preferred sedation techniques in dentistry.
- Because nitrous oxide is administered through a soft mask, there is no need for needles or injections.
- It begins working quickly, so you won’t have to wait long to feel the relaxing effects.
- Nitrous oxide is odorless, colorless, and tasteless.
- The effects of nitrous oxide wear off soon after your procedure is complete, so you’ll be able to drive yourself home safely.
- Nitrous oxide is a great option for those with sensitive gag reflexes.
Call us today at 978-262-0066 to learn more!